A-C Valley is a small, rural school district in western PA and has the distinction of being the only school district in the state located in four counties - Armstrong, Butler, Clarion and Venango.
The District has formally adopted the Community Education concept. Community Education concerns itself with everything affecting the well being of all citizens within a given community. The mission statement of the Allegheny-Clarion Valley School District is:
A-C Valley, in conjunction with the community, will ensure a comprehensive education that inspires students to:
Dream Big, Work Hard, and Act Responsibly.
To support this mission, the District follows six primary beliefs:
(1) Education is a shared experience involving the student, family, school and community,
(2) Learning is a lifelong process,
(3) Open and frequent communications and mutual respect between home and school are vital,
(4) All students can learn and achieve success in their own unique ways,
(5) Positive motivation is essential for students to achieve to the best of the their abilities, and
(6) Education helps equip the students to become a productive individual.
A-C Valley stresses a foundation in basic learning and thinking skills, an acknowledgement of individual differences, sound management practices, and consistent discipline.